Monday, April 13, 2009

Color-palooza!

::sigh:: Wedding colors. So many colors, just one wedding. Although I must say with all the AMAZINGLY creative ideas out there I'd like to have at least twenty more weddings. To the same guy of course. ;)

When Joshua proposed I thought I had it all planned out. I mean, I'd been "planning" this wedding for ten years. Ya' know, just getting all my ducks in a row so when Mr. Right hopped on to the scene I would be ready. And don't try and tell me you didn't do the same thing. Yup, that's right. Admit it. You've been closet planning for years I'm sure. ;) Black + Red was definitely what I had envisioned. Nobody was doing it and I loved it....until I told him that. Now, I am not a bridezilla. At least not yet anyway. {Check back with me a week before the big day and we'll see if I'm singin' a different tune}. I wanted this to be a day that we both enjoyed. I mean, contrary to popular belief, this is not just the bride's day. ::gasp!:: Shocker, I know, right? Any-hoo, him not being too hot to trot on the color combo was alright because I started seeing a bunch of Black + Red weddings crop up. And while they are especially beautiful...



it's not quite...."us". {There I go again with the quotations. blast!} And I like to be unique. Then I toyed around with the idea of Chocolate + Red.....and that wasn't quite right.

And then I saw a totally cute Aqua + Red wedding which I adore and had some great original details but...
{Image from Bride's Wedding Bio}

again. Not us. {sans quotations. yes!}

I must admit, I was beginning to feel defeated. I had to find that balance between being unique and fitting our personalities. {geez. Listen to me. This is crazy. They're wedding colors for heavens sake! You'd think I was trying to name our firstborn child. Overly analytical kickin' in fo' sho'!} I had purchased a Martha Stewart Wedding magazine {one of many} and was flipping through when it jumped out at me...




{All Images from Martha Stewart}

Cameo + Black. In loooooooooove! {singing} And imagine my surprise when the fiance gave the color combo the thumbs up! Definitely stoked. So now I'm taking the colors and running with them. We'll see what fun-ness I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment